Thursday 6 June 2013

Growing old! It's an age thing ..













My youngest sister became a grandma on Monday, in the same week as the latest issue of the British Journal of Photography leads with an article on 'Ageing and Creative Decline!' Feeling old? Me? Noooo .. I'll go on for ages, me .. but I'll tell you one question that's constantly at the back of my mind in this modern, digital age. When will my cameras pack up? The thing is that, unlike the 'old days', when you took your cameras to be repaired if they started playing up, I just know that there's a built-in 'End' date for my current gear! One hundred thousand actuations - or whatever it is - and then that's them done! Scrap heap! Bin! Back to the camera shop ..  and I must be getting close! I mean, all those Weddings! Cripes, I've had one of my cameras an absolute age now. Damn near four years! How the hell is is still working? And more to the point - assuming I can afford it, anyway - what do I buy as a replacement? Nikon have already stopped producing the model I use so I'd be unnecessarily upgrading to a camera I don't - and never will - need! I wish photography was like life! One body, and stick with it!..

No comments:

Post a Comment