Friday 7 June 2013

Are you crazy?..













Blog? On a hot day like this? Are you crazy, who's going to read it? Everyone'll be outside, catching the rays at long, long last! Actually, the thought of people sunbathing put me in mind of this photograph, which I took at Barton Air Show in the late 70s. It's a sight you see often and, as I gear up to hit yet another air-show this July, I just can't help wondering why! Why go all the way to an air-show and .. sleep? I mean, these things aren't cheap, and you can always sleep .. well, at night .. so why miss all the aircraft you'd been looking forward to seeing all year? The funnier thing about this photograph, which you might not be able to see in this low-res version, is that the sunbather's wife is actually asleep .. in the car! She didn't even make it outside! Hurrah for crazy people! They make great subject matter for us photographers ..

No comments:

Post a Comment