Thursday 25 April 2013

1982. I like it here..

















I had a little freshen up of the images on my Twelve for '13 page today, as it'll soon be time to upload the next exciting installment of the project. (May 1st, since you ask!) Yesterday I was talking about my archive to a chap who said that was all well and good but he always looked forwards, never back. I said to him I hoped that by showing my 'old' work I'd get new work and projects from it. I'd be moving forwards - not lingering in the past but using the work - much of which still hasn't been seen by anybody - to produce new opportunities. Having said that, I noticed that one of my favourite bands, The Meat Puppets, are playing in Manchester in June. I've liked these guys since I bought their first album in 1982! I bought a ticket and put it on the pile of other bands I'll be seeing this year .. PiL, The B-52s, Mudhoney, The Exploited, Discharge! You spotting a theme here?
It's the Eighties again, folks! I like it here...

No comments:

Post a Comment