Friday 26 April 2013

New shoots ..



















Months of hard work come together tomorrow when I hold the first of my 'Presently..' plant sales in Culcheth Village centre. I've been growing plants to accompany my Florescence flower photography range and will offer everything from tulips to anenomes and passion flowers - with a free photographic greetings cards with every purchase. The idea is that people can buy a small plant and give it as a gift with the card. The photograph on the card shows what the little plant will - presently - grow into! It's a little subtle addition to the photographic services I offer, and here's hoping it's the start of a growth industry..

Speaking of diversifying, did you see the programme about the photographer Norman Parkinson? What a character he was, changing his name from Ron Smith and eventually 'inventing' his own brand of sausage because he couldn't get a decent banger in his adopted home of Tobago. Mind you, I'll bet every photographer I know can tell you about a character they've come across in this wonderful busines of ours. I'll always remember Derek Eastwood, the first ever freelance photographer at the Manchester Evening News (I was the second!) He was the Weegee of Oldham, constantly tuned in to police and emergency service radio frequencies and quite often beating them to the scenes of fires and traffic accidents (This was in the days when the 'papers would publish the pix!) He was constantly wired - literally and mentally - and smoked himself to death about twenty years ago, poor sod!

Anyway, better go water the gladioli...

No comments:

Post a Comment