Friday 22 February 2013

Unmissable..















I was over in Leeds last night for the launch of two new exhibitions, and had my copy of one of the photographers' books signed whilst I was there. All the talk of books yesterday got me really excited again about mine, and I put a new page online to try to promote them. If you've not heard of them - really? - they're called Don't Miss This and Don't Miss That! THIS is a collection of shots taken in the early 1980s with an Olympus XA, a camera I fell in love with as soon as I saw it advertised in Amateur Photographer, and THAT is very much related to my recent exhibition 'Salford - Down the line' in that it's a set of images taken before I became a professional photographer, so some of the photographs go back to about 1975. THIS has a foreword by Gallery owner and curator Laura Noble, and was actually taken up by the Photographers Gallery and sold in their bookshop in London. I guess I'll never make a fortune from either book, but they've been a real labour of love and it would be great if more people added them to their collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment