Friday 8 February 2013

It's only bloody Martin Buchan, innit!..



















Martin - they ask - what was it like on your first day as a Press Photographer? And I tell them how, on my first ever day on the Sale and Altrincham Messenger, I got to photograph The Captain of Manchester United! Martin Buchan, in the flesh, posing for my camera! Oh boy, I said to myself, you have made the Big Time! You've arrived! You are, at last, a professional press photographer.

He was opening a paint and decorating shop in Altrincham!

Still, ya gotta start somewhere (Me, not him!) but, the thing is, I've only gone and found one of the shots from that day, haven't I? And how chuffed does he look, the skipper of Man U stuck amidst a pile of paint tins with a mop-top nipper and a plastic football in his lap! I met him years later and told him the story. He was then a rep for Puma trainers! I'm still a photographer! God, I'm so glad I can't kick a ball to save my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment