Monday 11 February 2013

And relax ..



















Have a break? Are you kidding me? I've got an exhibition to organise! Yep, one down/one up, and no sooner do I finish 'Salford - Down the line' than I prepare for tomorrow, when I hang my section of a new exhibition at the Community Art Gallery in Eccles! After an absolutely amazing run - 1,141 people through the door in just nine actual days of opening - I'm delighted to say I've been invited to take part in the next group show at the venue. (Mega thanks to everyone who came down, by the way! You were all brilliant, with your memories, recollections and stories!) Anyway, this time I'm showing images from my Florescence series - a set, as I'm sure you know - of amazingly coloured flower and leaf photography, shown as framed photographic prints, greetings cards, table mats and coasters. I'm having a bet with myself to see how long it takes before someone asks me what I did to tweak the colours in Photoshop. NOTHING! It was shot on what we oldies call 'film' - in this case 645 transparency! That sharpness and saturation? That's what you got when you shot with good film! Gimme a break!...

No comments:

Post a Comment