Friday 18 January 2013

Unsure...













Well, they say every cloud has a silver lining, and I'm afraid that the troubles of Jessops and HMV have earnt me a few bob, as I got booked to shoot the 'state of the high street' for a client yesterday. Managed to line up the two 'dinosaurs' in one shot with this angle in Manchester. What a shame, though! I used to love a 'yack' with the Jessops lads in days gone by, and I have a nephew who's waiting with baited breath to hear if his job's safe at HMV. He'll be alright.. won't he?

Now I'm not superstitious, but I was having a chat with a hotel owner during a Wedding last year, and he said he feared his bookings for 2013 would be down. The reason? The year has the number 13 in it! I laughed .. but now I'm not so sure. All my enquiries seem to be for 2014! Surely my whole Wedding career isn't set to skip a year.. is it?

Oh, by the way, an internet whizz-kid saddo told me that I need to be adding specific words to my blogs so that I can link them to my web-site. So, at the risk of being incredibly boring (Hey, there has to be a first time!) I'm going to mention studiofivefour.com - the home of Martin O'Neill photography.
Yeah, that's boring.. isn't it!

Back to Eccles tomorrow for another stint at my exhibition. Really looking forward to meeting more new people and watching their reactions when they find themselves in my photographs. That first pause, the squinty close-up peer, then the laugh and the gasp and the shake of the head. That's not me.. is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment