Thursday 10 January 2013

Tunnel vision..



















So, another big name on the 'high street' bites the dust! Jessops went into administration yesterday and all I can say is that, from personal experience, I'm not surprised in the slightest! They're the people who told me not to bother buying from their shop, but to go home and make my purchase online! I went there in the early summer to check out the Fuji X10 camera - I liked the look of it and the specs sounded fab, but I needed to literally 'get to grips' with one to see what it felt like in my hands. The Warrington store had just one in stock, so I shot down there pronto to have a nosey. Well, as you know, I fell in love with the little beauty, and I've been using it since that first Wedding try-out in May. The thing is, the model in the shop was much dearer than anywhere I'd seen it online, so the chap in the shop went onto his computer, logged onto Jessops online, and told me I could buy it there for £50 less than the shop price. Fifty pounds less! From the same company! Jeez! Shoot yourselves in the foot, why don't ya! That's a case of tunnel-vision if ever I saw one!..

(And yes, that was another naff link to my exhibition, and this picture is yet another from my archive. The show opens on Saturday at Eccles Community Art Gallery!)

No comments:

Post a Comment