Wednesday 9 January 2013

A walk in the park..



















Just walked the 'scenic' route home from the post office, and flipped my gorgeous Fuji X10 to square format for a change. Knocked these off in the 15 minutes it took to get home! Click on the pic to see it larger. Anyway, enough of the arty farty stuff .. let's get back to business!

Ah! Hmmmm... business! Well, news not just in .. business is tough! I've had four Wedding enquiries in a week, and not one of the couples has decided to book me. The reason? The cost! Even though I offer a great package at just £599. I'm going to be honest with you .. that hurts! It hurts so much that I've decided to bite the bullet and put forward a new concept in Wedding Photography billing. I'm inviting couples to 'make me an offer' for their photography, and if the figure works for me then that's the price they'll pay for coverage of their Big Day. Radical and, I hope, successful! And I don't mean just from a financial point of view. I'm a photographer. I need to be taking photographs! I have to be shooting stuff for people! It's what I've done for nearly 35 years and, although I can see now it won't be any old walk in the park, I want to be doing it for the next 35, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment