Friday 11 January 2013

On the line..














Funny old world, innit? Planning the hanging of the exhibition, it became apparent that we'd have trouble attaching my photographs to the wall, so we devised a way to 'peg' the prints to washing line strung across the gallery. Then came a cry from Karen, the Gallery founder. "You haven't got a photo of washing on a line?.." she asked. Er yes, actually, I have .. and here it is, the shot that is now suddenly the opening image of the whole show. Our back garden in Foxhill Road, on Brookhouse Estate. There was a family - who we didn't know as we'd just moved in - that lived in that house at the back of our garden, and the funny thing is that I was once saved from drowning in the sea in Morecambe .. by the lad that came from that family! As I was telling this story to the chap from the gallery who was helping me he told me he'd also lived in the same street as us, and his surname was .. Eccles!

No comments:

Post a Comment