Monday 21 January 2013

She's behind you...














252!!! That's how many people we had through the door of the gallery on Saturday! Two hundred and fifty bloody two! In six hours! I'm absolutely amazed! That means that almost 500 visitors have seen my photographs already, and we've only opened to the public three times! How good, as they say, is that? I spent the whole day chatting and listening to fantastic stories about 'the old days'. People really are engaging in the project and it's so exciting!

A couple of visitors were trying to identify where today's photograph was taken. It's actually in front of the Co-op funeral parlour on Liverpool Road. Glamorous, eh? Anyway, speaking of glamorous, I was telling them that the shot is actually labelled in my negative file as 'Fit Birds'! Hey, I was only 17! "Be careful.." I heard a voice say "You never know who might hear that!" I turned around and there was .. the 'fit bird' on the right! "Good job you didn't call it anything else!" she laughed!
Phew! Good job...

No comments:

Post a Comment