Wednesday 23 January 2013

Up my street!..















One of those slightly clichéd 'then and now' shots for you today, but I think it works quite well .. so you're getting it! This is a statue in Manchester's St Anne's Square, which was moved to one end from its original place in the centre. I loved the fact that, in the 80s, it was full-square outside a shop called High & Might, and now it's slap-bang in front of a massive - high and mighty - poster for Virgin holidays! I shot it on the XA way back then, and on the D300 during a PR shoot for a client last Thursday. Click on the image for a better effect! Speaking of clients, I went for a meeting with a potential new one yesterday. They showed me the old brochures they'd had shot in the past, featuring shots from their interests in Amsterdam, Munich and - hey, hey, Florida - and then they gave me a commision for a shoot in .. Hyde! Still, it's work, and they want it as 'arty' as possible.
Just up my street!

No comments:

Post a Comment