Monday 28 January 2013

Hand out ..


















Here we are, folks! This is one of the earliest of my photographs - as early as any I can find in my archive, anyway. It was taken in Foxhill Road, in about 1974, on a Kodak Instamatic 126. I think you can see a certain nascent creativity there, ho ho! Certainly this was my first encounter with parallax error, as you can see that what was seen through the lens is slightly different to what I saw through the viewfinder! It's ok, though, I got the hang of that over the next 34 years!

Well, the exhibition is going swimmingly, even getting over 100 visitors on the cold, rainy, snowy Saturday we've just had. It's such fun to be there, listening to the tales and memories the images evoke. What I need now, though, is for the archive to be seen as a 'photographic' project rather than a collection of 'old photographs'. I certainly think that will become more evident once the gallery show finishes and Twelve for '13 gets going over the next year. I've picked the worst time to be trying to get a book published from it, though. There isn't a budget to be had from anyone, and the books are far too expensive (unfortunately) to self-publish .. unless anyone's got a spare thousand quid they can lend me?

No comments:

Post a Comment