Friday 25 January 2013

Watch for the signs..



















Twelve for '13 is growing! I'm having another trawl through all the scans I made of my negatives. The reason? Well, it's starting to dawn on me just how many subtle memories are locked away in those little slithers of gelatine! Take this shot, for example. It's the pub in which I started my erstwhile drinking career, the Bridgewater Hotel, on the corner of Green Lane, in Patricroft. Thing is, check out the road sign. Bridgewater Hospital. Now I'm guessing I took the shot because it seems to be pointing at the pub (God knows, I was sick enough in there!) but the fact is the hospital got knocked down years ago, and that sign is just about the only memory I have of it ever existing! I've joined a Facebook group called 'Eccles born and bred' you see, and all these little signs (ho ho) matter a lot to the people in the group. For example, I put a shot up of the shop that used to be my favourite record shop in Eccles, and the amount of chat it generated was just fantastic, so I feel it's my duty, Your honour (Oops!) to bring all those memories to the fore. It just means I've gotta spend another kerzillion hours going through my scans again.
Oh, bugger...


2 comments:

  1. Don't hang about Martin, we are all keen to see them.

    Rgards Barry Wilson

    Australia

    Ex Mellor St Patricroft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The project's up and running Barry... http://www.studiofivefour.com/cameraman/1213.htm

    ReplyDelete