Tuesday 27 November 2012

You spin me round..














I watched a great little documentary last night called 'Sound it out', the actual name of the only remaining record shop in Stockton, near Newcastle. It's a lovely little film, and I'm glad to know there are still plenty of music 'nuts' out there keeping vinyl well and truly alive. By sheer coincidence - as so often happens - I came across this shot in my archive the other day. It's the family record player, purloined by me and being played on my top bunk bed in 1977. I can just make out 'No more heroes' by The Stranglers on the top of the pile of singles and, before you ask, yes, I've still got it! It's filed alphabetically between Rod Stewart and the Stray Cats (I know, I know but forgive me, I was young!) I was talking about LPs with a lady once, and her teenage daughter butted in as we chatted. "Lps?.." she said, pulling a funny face "Aren't they those black plate things that you scratched with a needle?"... !

No comments:

Post a Comment