Wednesday 28 November 2012

God, I hate smoking!













Ugh! Cough! Splurt! Yuck!...

I had to go into a flat yesterday where FIVE people were smoking! God, it was awful, and absolutely astonishing to think that smoking indoors in a public place was the norm right up until recently! As in days of old, of course, it meant that my clothes stank, and thus went straight into the wash once I was home. My nose still feels yucky almost 24 hours on, too. I won't go into detail..

So just what is it with smoking? Why would you do it? And why the f*ck do you all drop your empty cigarette packets in the streets, you inconsiderate, lazy bastards? I grew up in a world where everybody smoked, and I've hated it with a vengeance from an early age. Years on, my Dad's popped it from smoking-related illnesses and, whether by chance or design, I do not have a single friend that smokes. At a Wedding recently it was raining so hard that no-one would go outside to be photographed. They'd go outside to smoke, though! Didn't matter how wet they got, they still went out for their fags! I allowed myself a wry smile and a nod of approval that the venue hadn't supplied them with their own area in which to smoke under cover! Still, it's the non-smokers that get it in the neck, having to squeeze through those disgusting door-way huddles of foul-smelling smokers to get into pubs and the like. The object is defeated, too, when a door opens and a foul cloud of shit wafts in to a room, all the more noticeable because of its previous abscence! Oh, and a word of advice, dear smoker. Chewing gum does not stop us all knowing you've just had a fag! Your breath still stinks! So there!...

God, I hate smoking!

No comments:

Post a Comment