Tuesday 25 September 2012

Come fly with me...











Here's a picture for anyone lucky enough to be flying from Manchester Airport today, out of this horrible weather and off to somewhere warm and dry. I'd come to see you off but hey, it's been a long time since you could stand on the terrace and wave down at departing passengers! Yes folks, the trawl through my magic box of negatives is continuing, and it's still turning up some absolute belters! I've even turfed up some shots I took from a Cessna flying over Eccles. You can see that all the factories are still intact - Gardners and Dunlops still have their massive presence in the centre of Peel Green and the town looks a green and pleasant place .. even in black and white! Anyway, I'll chuck in another plane-spotter shot whilst I go and wipe away my tears. Monarch 707 anyone? Oh, and have a nice holiday...



No comments:

Post a Comment