Monday 24 September 2012

Back of the net...



















Well, I've done it! It's behind me! I've weaned myself off football! It wasn't until I got an email from a pal at the weekend that I even knew there was a match twixt Man U and Liverpool yesterday. As I write this I don't even know who won! It means nothing to me anymore, and it feels great! I decided, at the beginning of the season, that I wouldn't follow the 'beautiful game' anymore, because it isn't! It isn't beautiful! Where's the beauty in pretending to be elbowed in the face just to get a free-kick? That's just cheating! Where's the beauty in a goal being disallowed just because one man with a whistle didn't see a ball crossing a line? That's just stupid! Where's the beauty in dolts with sticky-out ears being paid kerzillions when all the rest of us are really struggling? (Ok, that one's just envy!) Whatever! It doesn't matter anymore. I am cured! I am free! Back of the net! Result!.. Oh, heck!


No comments:

Post a Comment