Sunday 26 August 2012

One Last Giant Leap...













A quick word to mention the passing of Neil Armstrong, the one true hero of my childhood years.

I was mad on space travel, and spent every hour I could either reading about it, drawing pictures of rockets, building papier mache 'lunar surfaces' to land my Airfix Lunar Module on or watching Peter Fairley explain in detail how LOS happened once the Command Module was round the back of the moon. (That's Loss of Signal, but you knew that, right?) I never got to meet the man, though I did get to photograph his Space Suit, which came to visit Manchester once (I know, amazing, aren't they?) and I had it put into a red phone box on King Street in Manchester with the caption 'Armstrong calling' (Or something like that!)...

So there we go! Another of the 'greats' has gone to the Sea of Tranquility! RIP Neil, and here's a shot to give us all a wee smile on a sad day. It's me old 'model' mate Moanin' Minnie, who accompanied me on a six month trip around the world.  My one 'orbit' of our planet...

No comments:

Post a Comment