Monday 6 August 2012

Jamaica?...













No, she went of her own accord! Oh, boy, who said the old jokes were the best? Anyway, that Usain Bolt did alright, didn't he, so let's get it out in the open. Yes, I have enjoyed this weekend's Olympics! Team GB has been fantastic, and the tears have welled with pride in this old cynic's eyes! There, I said it! Now let's move on....

I had a great Wedding at the weekend, at a venue I've never covered before, over near Sheffield. It was a sort of 'posh pub' with a nice function room and some b+b rooms upstairs. Not having shot there before I went over nice and early to have a bit of a look round. I was so early that the place was still locked up but, as I turned to leave, a bedroom window opened upstairs and there was the groom, all dishevelled in his jim jams! He let me in to the venue, and showed me the function room where his Wedding would take place later that afternoon. "Bit rough!" he croaked, and I smiled. "You should see some of the venues I've worked in.." I said. "No.." he said "Me! I'm a bit rough. Didn't get to bed 'til three.." 

Oops!

The picture? It's from my 1977 series 'Don't Miss That'
I just thought it looked like the finish of a race! See what I did there?...

No comments:

Post a Comment