Wednesday 7 March 2012

Not what you want to hear..













A long time ago, in a land called 'The Good Life', I had a client who used to book me on a regular and satisfying basis. The work was interesting and the income was rather useful! Then, one day, this client had a call from the Big, Bad Accounts Department who said that, from now on, all PR Photography must be quoted for on an annual basis by a number of photographers and verily, The Good Life came to an end! I was undercut by £1000, and haven't worked for that company since .. until yesterday! Seems the company's 'new guy' was unavailable for a job, so I got the 'gig'! Obviously I fell straight back into it, shooting as I always had, for people that I like, on a job that was interesting and creative. Naturally, of course, I had to ask if there was any chance of getting back in with the company. Erm, no .. there isn't! They themselves are now the subject of financial cut-backs, and have even had to make twenty people redundant recently. Talking about the photographer they were 'forced' to use, the marketing lady could only shrug, then gave me the quote of the year so far. "We know we don't get the quality.." she said "But these days it's all about the pounds, shillings and pence!"

No comments:

Post a Comment