Wednesday 7 March 2012

A new leaf ..




















Just a quickie before I head off to North Wales to cover another Schools' Science Challenge, so I thought of 'budding' scientists and 'green shoots of recovery' and all that, and decided to show you a picture I took yesterday. No, not really .. I'd just seen my clematis coming back to life, with the flower heads of last year still sticking their little pom-pom heads into the wind, and decided to dig out my old 50mm 1.2 lens for a play. I found it whilst I was searching for one of my old cameras, the Nikon FM2, 'cos there's something in me that's turning back to film! I was chatting to a young lad in the photo department of my local Asda store, and he was telling me they've realised their processing machine can develop 120 film. I immediately rushed home, grabbed my old Yashicamat, ordered 5 rolls of Provia off the 'net, and hit the streets to start shooting in that new 'old' way I've not done for ages. Now I'm dusting down that Nikon and a fixed 24mm lens, and cannot wait to start working on new projects. Maybe the sap is rising, after all!

Stop press! About an hour after I wrote this morning's blog, I went over to Asda with a roll of 120 for them to develop. Er, guess what .. they don't dev medium format film! Seems the chap I was talking to had taken it upon himself to put some 120 through the machine, and just thought he'd offer me the service! Damn! That would have been soooo convenient!

No comments:

Post a Comment