Monday 5 March 2012

Look on the bright side...
















Ok, enough of the excitement from the weekend .. let's get back to basics. I thought I'd provide a public service to my readers in the south of England by showing them what a lot of water looks like! It must be so long since they've seen a sight like this, what with their drought and all that! Funnily enough I had an engagement shoot to do on Saturday and the bride-to-be, Laura, called me first thing in the morning to suggest we postponed it as it was pouring down. I told her that, if Saturday had actually been her Wedding Day, we'd have had no choice but to carry on and get the shots done, so she relented and we went ahead with the shoot. On the drive down to the hotel, however, I was gritting my teeth as, not only it had stopped raining but the sun was now shining absolutely blindingly. I needn't have worried! As soon as I got to the venue the rain began again, and can actually be seen in all my shots! Still, I had to look on the bright side .. at least it wasn't sunny! ..

PS: This shot won me the runner-up prize in the Cheshire County Newspapers annual Snappers' competition in 1981!

No comments:

Post a Comment