Wednesday 1 February 2012

Life's a Gas!..














.. but hey, it's not always plain sailing, so I thought I'd talk to you about the 'other' side of Wedding Photography for a change - the 'it's getting tougher every day' side - that I don't often mention. By the way, I'm not looking for violins here. I know we're all finding things hard, but this recession jobby is hitting photographers particularly badly. So here are three things that, I swear to God, have happened to me this week .. and it's still only Wednesday!

Firstly, a hotel near to me had asked if I would link to their website in return for a link to mine from theirs. Groovy! Yes, please! So, yesterday, they got in touch again. Their link, they said, would take the form of a photographers' blog, so could I please .. get this.. could I please give a piece of advice to all aspiring new Wedding Photographers! Now, if you follow my tweets then I apologise, because I'm repeating myself here, but here goes. My advice was for them to F*ck off! Why on earth would I want to encourage even more Wedding Photographers onto the scene? Fair point, said the hotel.. and I haven't heard from them since! (Their link on my site is now history, too!)

Now, you'll have noticed that I'm organising my own, my very own, Wedding Fayre, to feature one of each of a number of different suppliers. One florist, one dress shop, one photographer, etc... (I'm the photographer! Oh, you guessed!) Well, before I'd even got things moving, my man with the Rolls-Royce was approached by another photographer, who wanted to get a stand at my Fayre. Er, no! It's my Fayre! I'm the photographer! So, as my second point, he revealed to me yesterday that this 'photographer' was actually a hairdresser, who fancied a 'go' at photography!!! Great!

Thirdly, I had an enquiry from a bride over the weekend, who has now emailed me back to say that she won't be needing my services now, as her Wedding venue was "throwing in a photographer for free"...!!!

Life's a Gas? I need Oxygen!....

No comments:

Post a Comment