Sunday 29 January 2012

Thank you for your pictures...


Apologies for another shot of plop, but it fits with today's blog, so stick with it! (Ugh!)

I love Flickr and the fact that, as a photographer, I can get my photographs in front of a worldwide audience in seconds. I mean, as a photographer, that's the whole point, isn't it? To have your photographs seen by others? Anyway, imagine my delight when I received a message on Flickr yesterday..
"Thank you for your pictures" it said, signed ..  Bill.



Bill is Bill Dane, from over there in LA, CA., and he's one of my mostest ever hero photographers. I've liked his work since I discovered him in a magazine I stole from a night-school class in 1977 (Wow! Confession time!) So, imagine how excited I was to know that he is looking at my work. Looking at it .. and liking it! What a compliment! So, a couple of new additions to my collection 'Seen', and here's to Flickr and the fact that I can show you sh*t shots like this and get away with it! Hurrah...

1 comment:

  1. My pleasure Martin
    Thank you for the good-words
    Both sides of my family came from 'our' east-side
    Near Darlington - where I gather the Vikings had rambles
    Hence: Bill Dane sends greetings to a mate
    (billdane.com/)

    ReplyDelete