Tuesday 10 January 2012

Maggie, Morrissey, Muhammad....

















..Meryl?

No, it's Maggie! 'Course it is, and I shall hang this blog shamelessly on the coat-tails of the new Margaret Thatcher film and show you one of my pictures of The Iron Lady, photographed when she launched her autobiography in '93. I was covering a private function for the event and, after getting my shots, asked her for her autograph. Well, guess what? She gave it to me! It's in my little autograph book in a rather unplanned 'M' section, next to Morrissey and Muhammad Ali ! It's got Martin Chambers in it, too! The drummer out of the Pretenders? ( Didn't think that would impress so much but hey, I like him!) Anyway, I doubt this Martin will be getting asked for his autograph any time soon, but I just wanted to remind you that my new exhibition of photographs, which I have rather ingeniously entitled Mish Mash, is going up today at Corvino's wine bar in Culcheth. Form an orderly queue, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment