Monday 7 November 2011

You make your own luck..








Brrr! First ice of winter this morning, and a nice early e-mail asking if I'd shot a cover photograph for our local Village Magazine. Ooops! My busy weekend meant I never got time to do it, but two minutes in my garden got me this! Now I admit there was a bit of Photographer's luck involved, but wasn't it great that this little flock of Canadian Geese just happened to fly past whilst I was standing there in my dressing gown? The thing is, I guess you make your own luck in photography. If you're looking and, more importantly, seeing - and you're also technically capable - then you're going to come up with the goods. I just wish that would sink in with the amateurs who brag to me at Weddings that they "once" got a great shot when they caught the bride and groom unawares. "Oh, that's so cool.." I drool.. "And here's me only doing that 500 times every weekend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment