Saturday 5 November 2011

Sparkling...



















I'm sure I must have blogged this image before but hey, it deserves an annual outing! It's a shot I did when I worked for Eddy Shah on Messenger Group Newspapers, based in south Manchester. It made it to the company calendar for 1981, and I'm trying really hard not to think about that being 30 years ago!!!

I went to the opening of the new Open Eye photography gallery in Liverpool last night. Met Mitch Epstein, a favourite American photographer of mine, and had a little think about how they should hang my next exhibition there. Only joking! I don't think my photography's "serious" enough for them!
Never mind... the wine was good, Mitch signed my copy of his book and I almost had my photograph taken with him! (The lady I handed my camera to was a little slow off the mark when it came to pressing the shutter. Hey ho..) Happy Bonfire Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment