Tuesday 19 September 2023

Write on ..


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I told you I could write! (Welcome to Blog #476 in the series 'O'Neill blows his own trumpet'!) I've just come runner-up in a local writing contest. My essay 'You move me' has taken second place in a local magazine's 800-word short-story competition and a judge told me it was "a very close-run thing." Read it here if you really must and, of course, my real writing is still out there for all to enjoy ..

My picture today shows a 'real' writer, Salford's very own John Cooper Clarke, who is signing the copy of his book that I still have. I wonder if anyone will still own one of my books in forty years time ..  

Stop press: I just dug out my copy of this book, and I think the clues are in the title .. John Cooper Clarke Directory 1979. It was forty FOUR years ago!! OMG ..

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment