Monday 14 December 2020

Hello Dad ..


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's got to be the biggest cliché in photography but, yesterday, I literally spotted a box on top of my shelves and wondered 'What on earth's in there.'

Lots of wonderful negatives .. that's what was in there!

Family shots, street scenes, pictures I'd forgotten I'd ever taken. Snaps I took in the office at my first newspaper and shots taken during an eight-week block release at Sheffield College in 1981.

Shots like this, too, of my Dad in 1978. I used to share a flat with him and would rope him in to 'model' every time I wanted to try out a lens or some other gizmo.

I happen to be listening to the radio as I write this blog and, of all things, a song has just come on that he used to sing all the time. Cliché, coincidence? Probably both of the above but I definitely felt he was watching down on me this morning ..  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment