Saturday 19 December 2020

Beat that bug ..


 

 

 

 

 

 

It's twenty-one years since the world was battling with another 'bug' that threatened to take over the planet.

The Millenium Bug.

It was a major worry, with everyone being told that their computers could crash and the world would go to gerbil shit ..

It never happened!

The only thing that changed was that I made a few bob out of shooting PR photographs to promote awareness of the possibility. I had to visit all sorts of businesses with a selection of 'Millenium Bug' material - including the four foot high cardboard bug in the 'pub' picture - and plonk it into my shots to get the message across. Interesting to note that, in December 1999, I was still shooing film. No computer crash was ever going to cause my photographs to disappear!

I can only hope that the 'other' bug is consigned to history as quickly ..


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment