Tuesday 15 December 2015

To Bury, and beyond ..



















Well, it's a big smiley sky for Tim Peake today, heading off to the International Space Station and the start of six months flying around our l'il ol' planet!
How exciting!..

As a kid I was spell-bound by the Apollo moon missions, glued to the box as grainy spacemen bounced around a monochrome moon in what was the most exciting adventure .. ever! Tim Peake was born in 1972 - just as the Apollo project was nearing its end - so he might not have been around to experience the excitement of seeing a Saturn V lift off from Cape Kennedy, but the lucky bugger will certainly be a lot nearer to the action today than I'll ever be! Safe flight, Tim ..

As Tim heads off to space I'll be driving to Bury! Not quite as glamorous, I grant you, but I like to think we're working towards the same goal today, Tim and I. I'm off on a PR job, photographing children involved in the promotion of household recycling and so, like Major Tim, I like to feel I'm doing my bit to enthuse the next generation's interest in science and technology and the ultimate security of the Earth!

To Bury, and beyond ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment