Thursday 10 December 2015

Double or nothing ..














There's been a roll of film sitting on my desk for well over a year now but yesterday, finally, curiosity got the better of me and I took it to a lab to have it processed. First surprise? This double-exposure at the start of the roll..

You just don't get these happy accidents any more, unless you specifically set a digital camera to 'multiple' but, by then, it ain't no accident 'cos you've told your darling device that a double-exposure is what you're aiming at!..

It just reminded me that, as much as I love digital, a lot of the 'magic' of photography has gone. The 'not-knowing' what you'd shot, the anticipation in the dark-room - behave! - and the sheer raw 'hands-on' satisfaction of knowing that, from shot to print, you made that photograph in front of you. Still, I'm saving a fortune in Polaroids!...

No comments:

Post a Comment