Tuesday 1 December 2015

December will be ..















Wow, December .. already! The thought crossed my mind the other day that this will be my 56th Christmas on the good old Planet Earth, and then it dawned on me. Fifty six days is eight weeks. Holy Sh*t! Eight weeks of my life has been Christmas Day! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!..

My mates will know I'm not the keenest fan of Christmas there's ever been. Such a hoo-ha over one bloody day I have never known. Like everyone, I've had good ones and I've had bad ones but I'll confess to always having a sense of relief when Boxing Day comes and I'm asked "Did you have a nice Christmas?" Past tense, for another year! Phew ..

Of course, Christmas as a grown-up is never going to be the same as it was as a kid, and the 'Christmas record' was always a part of that magic. December the first is a good excuse to dig out this golden oldie - Kate Bush's 'December will be magic again'. I'm pleased to report that this came out for my 21st Christmas, so the 'festive spirit' was alive and kicking in me even up to adulthood. Given the state of the world as we head into this year's season of 'goodwill to all' I think it's time I listened to Kate and let some of that magic dust sprinkle down on me ..   

No comments:

Post a Comment