Monday 21 July 2014

Girls on Film!..












Yes, it's another photograph of me .. and hey, why not? Here I am, posing like Vivian Maier, except ..er, in colour, with no shadow across my face .. and without a Rollieflex 6x6 camera. Otherwise .. perfect likeness! The film, Finding Vivian Maier, finally came to Manchester this week, and I made sure I was one of the first people to see it. I absolutely love her work! If you don't know the story she was a nanny in Chicago who used to take pictures in her spare time. Lots of pictures! Thousands and thousands of pictures, which she strangely kept hidden from the world and which were only discovered after her death. Go and see the film to find out more. Highly recommended...

Some of my future brides might also be 'girls on film', too! By a strange coincidence a young couple who came to see me about their Wedding photography on Saturday asked if I was able to shoot some pictures on film for them! This was just days after I'd ordered a pack of 120 film and some new batteries to 'fire up' my old Mamiya RZ67 - a camera that uses the same size film as Vivian's Rollieflex. It was the beast on which I used to shoot all the colour pictures when I photographed a Wedding in 'the old days', and I'd already decided to start offering 'real' photos at Weddings as a special part of my packages, so was delighted when these guys asked about the possibility!..

Now I just need to dig out my old Duran Duran album ..




No comments:

Post a Comment