Tuesday 2 July 2013

I want jam on it ..


















Day one at the studio and the ironic thing was .. I had to shut up shop at lunchtime to go on a half-day PR shoot! How funny! Yes, I spent the afternoon on site at a factory in Manchester working my way through a list of requested shots for the company's web-site! The shot I'm showing you today had nothing to do with yesterday, by the way,  but it just illustrates the variety a booking like that presents to a photographer. Over three locations at the site I had to shoot staff portraits, a group presentation, office shots of staff handling phone enquiries, a factory-based 'repair' picture .. and a studio shot of a clear-glass trophy that the company had been presented with. That's actually the picture that took longest, as I was having such trouble trying to read the etching on the glass whilst hiding all the reflection from the surrounding light. Actually, the perfect shot for a studio! Hey ho...

My first portrait shoot at the studio is at 11 o'clock this morning! How exciting, though I must try not to get carried away and start shooting too many angles! The chap has a job to get back to, after all! There's already interest, too, from a couple of mums who fancy having their children photographed. Won't be long before the studio's buzzing and the word is out about Studio54! Great!..

#culchethportraitstudio

No comments:

Post a Comment