Thursday 25 July 2013

A word in yer shell-like ..














I've started bloody scanning again! It was just too tempting! The shelves above me are groaning with prints and slides from years gone by, and I've finally succumbed to their brooding prescence and begun copying them to computer. I'll be about seven years! There are a lot of slides! Lots of Kodachrome, and a fair few old prints from my newspaper days - the negs long gone! Here's an example .. Ian Botham looks about 20 on this shot, an advertising poster going up somewhere in Manchester in the 80s. He's drinking low-alcohol lager, hence the suggestion of damage to his reputation, and when I googled it I came up with this! Bet he wishes he could grow a mullet now! Maybe not!..

I'm off to a local factory again this morning for the postponed recce on a pr shot that requires me to be up high. Only problem is the company's Health and Safety Nazis have decided it's too dangerous for me to go onto the roof! They now think - no tittering at the back - that it'll be fine for me to do a group shot of 200 of their staff .. from a window on the third floor! I'm honestly loath to even try it!
A poor shot like that in front of that many people could seriously damage my reputation! ..

#culchethportraitstudio
www.studiofivefour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment