Thursday 21 March 2013

Time, gentlemen....



















I follow Guinness on Facebook - the drink, not the actor - and they posed the question yesterday "When was the last time you laughed out loud?" When I saw the price of a pint! .. I replied, although I think they might have removed my comment by now! Old Georgey Osborne might have knocked a penny off the price of a beer, but it still costs rather a lot to go out of an evening these days, doesn't it! In fact, Lesley and I still joke about one of our earliest dates. We had a glass of wine each in a posh pub in Wilmslow, and the bill came to £14! Fourteen quid? That'd keep me in cheap cider for three days! Makes me laugh when people say it's the smoking ban that's killing the pub trade! No .. it's the price of the drink, dudes! Do the math, as they say in The States! Anyway, I thought this shot was an appropriate accompaniment to today's rant - a boarded-up pub called The Museum! "Oh yes, dear grandchild, in the old days people used to go in them all the time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment