Friday 22 March 2013

Time, part two..

















I'm trying to keep my mind off today's horizontal snow and the fact that I'll probably be shooting tomorrow's Wedding in it, so I thought I'd change the subject and highlight my new 'Photo-Restoration' service! I noticed at my Eccles exhibition that a lot of people had a lot of old photographs, and most of them had seen better days! (The photographs, not the people! Although now that I've typed that I'm not so sure! Sorry folks, only joking!) Anyway, I started to plug the fact that, at studiofivefour.com, I can do a good job of bringing them back to life - removing scratches and rips and so on - although I didn't expect my first order to be the removal of a whole person! I'm very pleased with the results, and it's so satisfying to bring these old images back into good condition. I can't help thinking about the people in the shots, though. Who are/were they? What was going on when the pictures were shot? What were they like when they were photographed? We saw the oldest ever image of the Universe being displayed yesterday, and I think it's incredible that we can see that far back in time but, sitting here at my Mac, I think my little glimpses of the past are just as poignant.

No comments:

Post a Comment