Friday 7 December 2012

Standards!














I swear the country's going to the dogs! The hotel we stayed at in London the other day was .. what's the word I'm looking for? Awful! Yes, it was awful. The smallest room on the planet, with a freezing wind howling through windows that didn't shut, and a mattress that looked like it had been a prop in 'It's a Knockout' in 1977! When we checked out my girlfriend asked to see the manager to make a complaint. 'Oh.." said the receptionist "Just put it on Trip Advisor!"

Huh? Let everyone know your hotel stinks? Oh, ok, we will! So, folks, on the instruction of the receptionist, I can officially say that the Eden Plaza Hotel in Kensington is the pits! Now, where was I going with this? Ah, yes! Standards! A bride sent me an e-mail the other day. She wanted me to quote for photography "at the ceramony and at the after do" .. and this hot on the heels of a Linked-In message from someone who described her job as being a "Wedding Coordinater." I mean, hey, nobody's perfect, but I'm afraid I must put a winner's medal for 'Crap Standards' straight round the neck of a GWAC in Somerset. (GWAC? Girl/Guy with a camera, as opposed to photographer!) She starts off by saying she hopes you "like what I have advertise", lets you know that "personlised memory boxes come's with the wedding" and offers, amongst many things, photographs as "Cnvuas Frames" ...  I couldn't resist emailing her to ask what a cnvuas frame was and, gawd bless 'er, she replied saying she wasn't quite sure how to describe it, but she had a page on her website that would explain! 

Is it just me? Am I being too pedantic, or is the younger generation really as ignorant as it seems? Ah, fcuk it, hoo caers?..

No comments:

Post a Comment