Monday 31 October 2011

Scary...



















I love the way this pumpkin's been carved into the image of the late, great Robin Day and the.. oh, it is the late, great Robin Day, picking his nose during our photoshoot! The funny thing about this session was that my lastolite reflector was actually being held by Paddy Ashdown, who was appearing on the same episode of Question Time when it was being broadcast from Manchester.

Speaking of portraits, I was busy photographing that dinner with John Sergeant as speaker the other evening, when a chap came up to me in the foyer of the hotel. "Take a portrait of me and the wife.." he ordered "Come and see us later, we're on table such and such.." I looked at him blankly. "Do us a canvas.." he continued "We can put it up in the dining room for Christmas!"

Yeah, right! 500 guests in a dark and crowded function room, with waiters whizzing everywhere, 13 award presentations to get through, all the sponsors to photograph, dry ice fogging everywhere up nicely .. and this guy wants a professional portrait shooting there and then! "Here's my card, sir.." I said "I charge £100 for portraits and you can call me any time you like to make an appointment!"

No comments:

Post a Comment