Wednesday 26 October 2011

Happy Families....















I went to Ikea yesterday, completely forgetting it was half-term! Eeek, there were kids everywhere although thankfully Ikea, thinking of everything, had most of 'em corralled up in a play area by the front of the store! Anway, that's my way of introducing another shot from my archive! I must have shot this around 1980, and I seem to remember it was in a park in Irlam, near Manchester. It hits home on quite a few levels, the first one obviously being the fact that I could randomly photograph a Dad and his kids, without asking, in a public park. I'd be swinging from the nearest tree if I did that these days! And I love the fact that it portrays such simple pleasures. It's not a play-area, used to keep kids quiet whilst parents shop; it's not a commercial 'theme' park, designed to sell associated espensive products, it's just a normal park, with a normal family .. having fun! 

The reason I like it most, though, is because you can see it's been shot right at the begining of a roll of film. I'd seen the shot, but obviously needed to reload my camera, so I'd got the film just about on the spool when I took the picture! Ah! Simple pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment