Friday 30 September 2011

Show us yer conkers!..















Blimey! It's the last day of September! If I was a kid now I'd be thinking 'Wow! Only five weeks to Bonfire night!' My mates and I would be out collecting any bits of wood we could find, stockpiling it for November the fifth, trying to keep it dry and, more importantly, out of the hands of other kids! Our bonfire had to be the biggest and the best, and over the weeks it would grow and grow in the back garden! My Mum's rows of spuds had no chance, and God knows how we didn't set all our houses on fire when it was finally lit! I know it makes sense that those days have gone but you have to admit, it was great fun! This shot, from my 1970's series, just brings all those memories back!

Busy day today... Just two days until my next Wedding Fayre at Manchester's Victoria and Albert Hotel. Tomorrow I'll tell you a story about a famous Coronation Street Wedding I shot there once (For OK! Magazine! Swanky!) but now, if you'll excuse me, I just need to don my gloves, safety goggles and hard-hat. I'm off for a game of conkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment