Wednesday 13 April 2011

That's what friends are for...















Missed the footy last night, but spent a great evening with my girlfriend and a couple of great mates.
A bit of nosh and a couple of pints were the only added ingredients to the banter and laughter, and a good time, as they say, was had by all. Sometimes, the simplest approach is best!

I often wonder where these three friends are now. I shot this image in Eccles in 1977, and it features in my book Don't Miss That! 
I worry about the fear we photographers have now when it comes to street photography. People are so suspicious of being photographed these days. It's an amazing thing, the passage of time, isn't it?  Think about it!  'Real' Teddy Boys had faded out about twenty years before I took this photograph, yet the shot itself is now another 35 years older than that!
Now where did I put my Zimmer frame?

No comments:

Post a Comment