Wednesday 9 March 2011

God Bless the MEN!



















Remember I talked the other day about going to Libya for the Manchester Evening News? I travelled across to cover a story with a reporter, and only he got a byeline in the first edition! Well, I freelanced for the 'MEN', as it's called, for 18 years, and I think I can speak with some authority when I say they've never been particularly Photographer-Friendly! Byelines were only given grudgingly, and pictures were handled by people who didn't care about them. Example..shoot an image with four people on..they crop one guy off to fit the image into a smaller space! I had a great reminder of this ignorance the other day. I shot this photograph for a PR firm to plug a story on the coming together of a web-design company and a wi-fi supply company, so you kinda think laptops are going to be pretty important as props in the shot...yeah? Oh, no! Not for the MEN. They used it like this, making the whole point of the shot..erm, pointless! I wouldn't mind, but I supplied them with a horizontal shot as well! Oh, how I miss working for them...NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment