Friday 27 August 2010

Insult and Battery!














A brief Blog about shops and shopping!
 Yesterday I was at a camera shop. I won't say which one but it sounds like Wildings!
I've started shooting flowers again, as part of my Florescence project. I shoot on 120 transparency film, using a Mamiya 645, but needed a new battery. Trouble is, the camera's getting a little long in the tooth, and its battery's not as widely available any more. So, I'm at the shop, asking if they have it. "It's for a Mamiya", I explain. "A what?" comes the reply!
Dear me...the young lad's surrounded by point and shoots, yet hasn't even heard of one of the finest makes of camera in the world (I've got three!)
Anyway, speaking of 'amateur' cameras...Wednesday's Wedding was filmed by a Videographer. As we finished recording the signing of the register we both turned to get back down the aisle, and had to squirm through a mass of guests, all aiming their Sure-shots at arm's length towards the couple. Video-man and I made it to the back of the ceremony, and he said "It's like a bloody branch of Dixon's up there!"
However, it'll be my turn to be a shopkeeper this weekend. I'm having a spot at a three-day Arts and Crafts fair at Gawsworth Hall, near Macclesfield. Lots of prints, cards and canvasses to be had, so come down and see how I do as a shopkeeper!
I won't be as loud as the lady in the photo, though. She was Edie Barnes, and ran a stall at Eccles Market. I photographed her in 1977, and the shot's in my 'Don't Miss That' book.
Buy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment