Tuesday 31 August 2010

Fair enough!











Just back from three days at the Gawsworth Hall Arts and Crafts fair and.....

Well, I'm tired, firstly. It's hard work manning a stand for three days solid. I'm a bit gloomy too, because it wasn't as much of a success as I'd hoped, and I'm wondering if it's worth bothering with another Craft fair in the future. People were just not spending money, basically!
Admittedly, the weather didn't help. Hurrah for the great British Bank Holiday. Not so much the roar of the crowd than the thunder of rain on the roof of the marquee!
Don't get me wrong..visitors loved the photographs, but were reluctant to part with their cash. I think the value of photography is slipping down the pan. Each of my flower shots has been hours in the making, yet anyone with a mobile phone thinks they're now a 'photographer' so can, in their mind, get the same shot of a bloom..a damn sight faster and..most importantly, at no financial cost whatsoever!
I'll think about it all again with a few days' distance between me and the fair. I might get a different perspective on it. Meantime, Wedding head back on again today, as I'm in the middle of making three different albums, and gearing up for a 'Big One' at the weekend with the Wedding of the daughter of a Lord and Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment