Sunday 19 August 2018

World Photography Day .. apparently!















It's World Photography Day, apparently! Not that I'd notice the difference, 'cos it's always World Photography Day where I am! As in, I think the world of photography and photography has taken me round the world. Let's face it, photography is my world. Has been since 1974. How lucky I am that my school started a camera club, and how lucky I am that I didn't listen to my careers teacher when I told him I wanted to be a photographer. "Be realistic," he told me, a pitying tone to his voice. It's 40 years since I became a professional photographer. Thanks for the encouragement, Mr McBean ..

Today's shot? Glad you asked. It's my little doll Minnie, atop a marker post at the equator about 3am during a bus-ride through Malaysia. One of the shots from my forthcoming slide-show ..   

No comments:

Post a Comment