Thursday 16 August 2018

In the spotlight ..














I love taking photographs, and I love to have them seen. Photography is all about communicating, after all. It's also, for me, about entertaining, which is also why I love to write and why this blog has been going so long. I can tell how successful any piece has been because the 'system' offers me statistics - amazing facts about the numbers of readers, and their locations, and what they had for lunch. (Maybe not that last bit!) With photography it's a little bit harder. If I put a photograph onto Facebook - which I do with relish and great regularity - I generally have no idea how 'viewed' it is. Unless I get a 'like' or a comment I have no way of knowing if it's been seen - or enjoyed (or worse). It was a real delight therefore to have a lovely chap I know (Hello B) come up to me yesterday and say, out of the blue, how much he loved seeing my photographs online. "Do keep putting them up there," he said. I certainly shall B, and thank you so much for giving me such a vote of confidence ..

It's my old modelling partner Minnie who's back in the spotlight next. I'm delighted to have been offered an evening at our village 'salle de fête' - or community hall - to give a slide-show of her trip around the world. It freaks me out to think it's 27 years since she and I went back-packing together but lovely to give her another chance to show off her holiday snaps. Here she is, the old sun-worshipper, on the beach in Tahiti.

September 21st, if you're knocking about ..  

No comments:

Post a Comment